Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Great Vacation Cruise

Sail Date: July 13, 2007

This is the first time that I had to plan a cruise without my husband. So I was very skeptical about how well everything would turn out. As it ended up, my fears were unfounded. From the inception, I was helped by very knowledgeable and efficient personnel. All I really had to do was to give the information of the parties who would be accompanying me on the cruise and that was it. The next thing I knew the itinerary and everything else that I needed to know came in the mail. Planning the trip was virtually pain-free for me.
Initially I was a bit concerned that there would not be enough for my grandkids 15 and 8 to do. As it turned out there were a host of activities planned. My 15 year old, who had never rock-climbed before felt a sense of pride as she triumphantly rang the bell at the summit of the rock-face. She confided that she was scared at first, but the encouragement of the staff and on-lookers spurred her to get to the top. Much to my surprise my 8 year old cried every time I picked her up from the youth activities. She so enjoyed her time there. The highlight for her was pretending to be pirates and taking over the ship. As for me I enjoyed the show. It was like being on Broadway in New York! It transported me back to the seventies. The show was well choreographed, and the performer were very talented.
The experience at the Moonlight restaurant was a culinary delight, the dishes rival those of any four-star restaurant. The service left nothing to be desired. The Windjammer Buffet restaurant also "packed a mean punch," with its exotic international fare. I am sure that I must have gained at least 10 pounds over the 4 days. In short the cruise was well worth it.

Pros: I like the fact that there is entertainment for everyone, regardless of age.

Cons: The staterooms are really cramped

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Staterooms a little cramped
Beautiful ship. Well maintained and tastefully decorated
Must see Atlantis and Black-beard's Cay.
Don't Miss: Snorkle with the sting rays
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Beautiful island. Impeccably maintained. Truly a tropical paradise.
Don't Miss: Snorkling