Disappointing Cruise

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 08, 2007
Ship: Majesty of the Seas
The first clue that the cruise was not going to turn out as expected was when we were on CNN. We were sitting on the upper deck of the cruise ship enjoying the Miami sunshine,waiting for all the passengers to be boarded and in general enjoying the beginning of our family vacation. All of a sudden helicopters began to hover above us not one or two but three and four. This began to make me a little nervous and wonder what was wrong. To make a long story short, there was a pallet that was being loaded on to the ship that had tested positive for plastic explosive. The ships captain had everyone clear the outside decks. They then proceeded to detonate the package. I understand it turned out to be sprinkler heads for the ships remodel. That was another issue, I could hear banging on the cruise at least once a day or more as if they had started the work on the ship for the remodel. R/C did not care about the last cruise before the renovation of the ship. I wish when I had booked with they would have explained that it was the last cruise before it was to go into dry dock.
The other downfall was it came back into Miami at 6AM instead of 9AM. I booked air fare home according to a 9AM docking time . My flight home was not until 4:20 and had a long wait at the airport. When I tried to book a excursion in Miami through R/C there were not four available as listed but just one ,which was sightseeing of the everglades. I found that booking thru offered no advantage than just doing it myself online.

Pros: The ships service

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.