Exceeded expectations for first cruise

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: December 18, 2006

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Review Summary

I am a first time cruiser who recently sailed Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas ship for a 4 night trip. I felt that 4 nights was a perfect length to be on the boat. The food was excellent, the ship staff was friendly and helpful, the activities were good, etc. The boat was is great shape, and although I am not sure what all could be improved, I hear it is being renovated soon. We did skip a planned stop to CocoCay (the cruiseline's private island) due to large waves, and from what I hear of others who were to stop at Cococay this is not uncommon. The day at sea was okay, but I would have rather stopped and not stayed on the boat the entire day. I stayed on deck 6, and it was great and very central to everything on the ship.

Ship Experiences

Breakfast and lunch were great, and flexible times for early risers and late sleepers. Great 3 course meals for dinner. I even ordered 2 entrees when I couldn't decide on one thing on the menu! Dessert, of course, was amazing as well.

The Royal Caribbean dancers and singers were stellar. I was very impressed with their shows; the comedian on the ship for one of the shows was so-so. A good variety of other activities planned throughout the day/night. The bingo tickets more expensive than I would have thought ($20), but there were large cash prizes at each round.

Great layout. Bathrooms sometimes confusing to find. Very very clean ship. This is a large ship, and easy to maneuver around and explore. Lots of open decks to stroll around.

Okay size. Attendant made up the room twice a day. Always had clean linens, towels (even when I left them hanging to be used again).

Ports Of Call

Snorkeling was great here. Would recommend the sail and snorkel excursion that can be booked onboard for $49. Lots of tourist shopping right off the port. Many people took a taxi to the Atlantis famous hotel.
Don't Miss: Sail and Snorkeling Excursion, Atlantis Hotel

Key West, Florida

Stop was okay. Very American (obviously). There are many small museums-- did the Aquarium, which was cheap and okay. Would recommend the "train" driving tours, although the seats were very uncomfortable.

Pros: Food, service, cleanliness

Cons: Skipped a planned stop

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!