Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good cruise

Sail Date: April 07, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

As this was my first cruise, my only hope was to not get seasick and to have a good time. Overall I did have a great time, even with the issues I described below. If I were to go without children, this would be a good ship to travel on. If I ever go with kids again, Iw ould select another ship or cruise line with longer day care hours.

Pros: Service and destinations

Cons: Food, Being herded like cattle

The food was neither terrible nor extraordinary, the focus seemed to be on quantity rather than quality. For instance I could have two different entrees, but the kids french fries would be cold and the pasta with salmon was seemingly thrown together. The breakfast biscuits and gravy were a big disappointment, the biscuits were sweet dough rather than sour dough. I couldn't finish that plate.
Why is there a movie theater listed on the web site for Royal Caribbean, yet it is being renovated on the ship with no substitution?
It took a little getting used to the room being so small, but hey I only slept and took showers there. We were in a partially obstructed room (8076) that was centrally located. No complaints.
Great variety, I was never bored. But I wish that there were beach umbrellas on Cococay. The sun was brutal and we were with kids. The only shade was the natural kind and that was in short supply.
The onboard ship kid sitting is only available in the afternoons and evenings, Cococay had an enclosed sand pit with three kids. I did not leave my niece at the sand pit. The afternoon and evening kid sitting onboard was fine indeed.
Only the purser was a bit terse, when I paid for the bill online I thought that the gratuities would be automatically deducted. It turns out it did not. A sheet was slipped under our door Saturday afternoon and we did not pay attention to it, it turned out that we only had until midnight to pay by credit card, so Sunday I had to get cash for the gratuities. And when we had to get off the ship, well you see, groups are arranged by color, we were gray, so instead of only our color being called or our deck being called several colors were called at once, it was a bottleneck of the first order. It took us over an hour to get off the ship. They should really stagger the amount of people getting of the ship more.
The SUB Adventure is a blast, save film to take pictures of reef sharks on the return leg of the journey, they didn't eat James from Philadelphia and they didn't bother me. Just so you know, the SUB Adventure itself only runs for 20-25 minutes underwater and if you go before the summer, rent a wetsuit for ten bucks, the water can be chilly otherwise.
Don't Miss: Any snorkeling or underwater activity is sure to be fun
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Pack SPF 50 or higher as natural shade is hard to come by and umbrellas are not available. Lunch is over by 2pm Grab a hammock and guard it zealously. Don't bother with adventure cove and the water slide, the cove is a sand pit and the water slide has someone on the top lubricating the slide with a garden hose. Not Six Flags by any strech.
Don't Miss: hammock mantling