Maasdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good all around cruise, but certainly could use some improvement.

Sail Date: December 28, 2015

I expected a lot more from HAL.  I expected better service, I expected better food, I expected better shore excursions.  I didn't get any of that.  The food was okay...not great.  The service...okay...not great.  Lines? Everywhere. Everything had a line.  Wasn't the whole point of a smaller ship to have less lines?  The shore excursions...not even good.  My family took 3 different excursions in Jamaica...all of us were disappointed.  Things were a bit better in Cozumel, but this isn't a premium cruise line by any means.  Stick to RCCL...better all around.

The cabin was nice, the lanai was a neat compromise, if a balcony isn't available. We found it very convenient.
Embarkation took over 1.5 hours...The longest of my 32 cruises.