Maasdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: January 13, 2015

This was my first Holland America cruise. From their reputation I expected a top quality service and food. We got neither. I found myself ordering the lesser of the evils on the dinner menu! I like to try new foods, just most of them didn't sound like they'd be good! Service was good in most cases, not outstanding as I'd expected from a cruise line with such a good reputation.

Obviously old. Bed super comfortable!
Difficult menu choices and I'm not a fussy eater.
The crew seemed inexperienced.
Singers and dancers triied but just didn't make it!
Children's Programs N/A
Didn't participate in games.
Enjoyed going back to St.Kitts and Antigua. St.Thomas pier too far from shopping area.
Bed was very comfortable.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Free bus is a great way to get around the old section.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Pier is so long, it's difficult to walk that distance at my age.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Dock is close to center of town.
St. John's, Antigua
Had a good island tour.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Pier is too far from shopping area. We had to hire a cab to take us to town.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Pretty water. I didn't get off the ship.

The small size was and under 1300 passengers was great.