Acceptable Cruise

Maasdam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

13 Night Atlantic Coast Southbound (Montreal To Ft. Lauderdale)
Sail Date: October 06, 2012
Ship: Maasdam
I like the Maasdam. This was my second trip on Maasdam in 2 months and first as a 4 Star Mariner. The laundry service was fantastic. I got my laundry back on same day. Very few single travelers on this cruise.

I thought the food and dining service were excellent both in dining room and Pinnacle Grill. They gave me my usual table for two in fixed seating.

The onboard entertainers were good and the add ons were OK but they really need to upgrade some of the shows themselves especially the Bob Mackie show which I have seen probably a dozen times. No guest lecturers.

I had great cabin stewards and dining and wine servers.

The size is right for me. It seemed clean and well kept.

Typical HAL Roomy enough. Cannot compare with Disney. I was in inside cabin on Main deck which was fine.

Pros: Quebec City and the Fall Colors from the air

Cons: Bad weather and missed ports and changed schedule. Stop at Port Canaveral

Recommends Maasdam? Yes!