Maasdam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Purser

Acceptable Cruise

Sail Date: October 06, 2012

I like the Maasdam. This was my second trip on Maasdam in 2 months and first as a 4 Star Mariner. The laundry service was fantastic. I got my laundry back on same day. Very few single travelers on this cruise.

Pros: Quebec City and the Fall Colors from the air

Cons: Bad weather and missed ports and changed schedule. Stop at Port Canaveral

Recommends Maasdam? Yes!

The size is right for me. It seemed clean and well kept.
I thought the food and dining service were excellent both in dining room and Pinnacle Grill. They gave me my usual table for two in fixed seating.
Typical HAL Roomy enough. Cannot compare with Disney. I was in inside cabin on Main deck which was fine.
I had great cabin stewards and dining and wine servers.
The onboard entertainers were good and the add ons were OK but they really need to upgrade some of the shows themselves especially the Bob Mackie show which I have seen probably a dozen times. No guest lecturers.