Maasdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Before I Die Cruize

Sail Date: November 09, 2007

This was my first cruise on the Maasdam. As a wheelchair user, I thought it was mostly wonderful. The only complaint I have is the pool area, where it is hard to enter the pool itself.
The stateroom was more than atequate, even sharing with my mother.
Every port was an experience to treasure and the shore excursion desk was very helpful. We found that there are taxi"s available at every port that are accessible to abny where you want to go.
The ship always notified me of special needs arrangements by mail in my stateroom and the young man that kept our stateroom neat and clean was over the top.
We always had breakfast on the kilo deck which was a ton of fun with the staff always there to help me gather my meal and escort me to a table. The formal dining staff was equally efficient and friendly making dinner an excursion alone. The menus had many selections to choose from and were delicious.

Pros: The staff of our ship was the most excellent

Cons: The swimming pool is not that accessible

Recommends Maasdam? Yes!

Roseau, Dominica
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The must see is the rain forest part of the island. Having a good guide was the key. And of course the shopping.
Curacao
The Curacao Liquor plant was so interesting and the shopping.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
The beach was not accessible at all, which is the main attraction there.
Oranjestad, Aruba