Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Typical Caribbean cruise in September - Hot and humid

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

First time on Royal Caribbean and probably my last. Left from Galveston since it is close to home. I knew it would be hot, but I had counted on the ship being cool inside. I have never been on a ship that was so hot everywhere you went. The only place we could cool off was in our cabin with the A/C turned all the way down. Everywhere we went inside the ship needed more A/C. Guess I should have seen the writing on the wall when the embarkation area was so hot!  Was disappointed in the main dining room. Staff was okay, but the food was just average. We found the buffet to be a better choice actually. The only exception was the one night we went to Chops. Food and service was excellent there, but it is an additional cost so it should be better. Tried bingo one afternoon. Daily newsletter advertised inside Studio B, but when the time came, they were having a wedding reception so they told us all to go outside by the pool. It was so windy and noisy, you could hardly play. Was SO NOT worth the $70 we spent for all the cards. Huge disappointment. And finally....getting off the ship was horrific. We chose the self-carry option (along with every other guest it seemed) and it was the most dis-organized process I've ever been on. There was no where near the staff and direction needed to pull off a smooth disembarkation. So my final take...the cruise was okay, but way too hot, too little organization for activities or disembarkation, and the food was only average. I'll be going back to Celebrity or one of the other nicer cruise lines. Royal Caribbean was only average.

Cabin typical of the veranda category. Room attendant wasn't as good as I've had on other ships but we could tell he tried to do a good job.
Embarkation area was too crowded and hot while the disembarkation was the most unorganized process I've ever seen. They need more staff directing guests and providing information.

Be prepared for standing in lines a lot more than you will on many other cruise lines. They don't seem to have things organized well to keep people moving. Be prepared, if you self-carry on disembarkation day, to stand in line for a long time. Few staff members and total confusion by guests.