Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

June Cruise

Sail Date: June 19, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My favorite part of the cruise was spending time with my family and just being able to relax on the way to some beautiful destinations.  The food at my time dining was fantastic and for the most part, everyone on the boat was so friendly and helpful.

Improvements - The pool area is way too small for that many people.  I feel there should be two decks of pools.  On sea days it was so crowded that we really didn't even go up there until about 6 when everyone cleared out for dinner.  The kid slides and water area were great, but the adult swimming areas were far too small for all the people wanting to be outside.

The other improvement is the creaking of the boats.  One night I had to go to guest services and complain about the creaking noises that were keeping me awake at night.  They placed wedges in-between the walls, as the said some parts of the boat make noises. They did try to quickly accommodate the inconvenience of the noises at night, but it was initially disturbing to my sleep. The one last thing I think should be added to all rooms is drinks.  Not alcoholic drinks, but everything I got on the royal replenish card.  For the amount of money we paid for the cruise, soda and bottled water are a must.

Other than that, I would recommend this cruise to others and let them know that if you hear the boat creaking in your room to go to guest services right away instead of trying to survive through it.

Great room after noises in the wall were fixed. I also think there should be a sign that says please close doors gently as we heard doors slamming all the time. The doors were heavy, but we quietly closed ours each time knowing this noise is loud and may disturb others. Our room attendant Alvin was also very good and helpful.
Galveston, Texas
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We loved the French Keys.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Don't buy in Cozumel. They are so used to tourists, they stores do not negotiate. It's better to buy in another port.

When I called prior to the trip, I was told no shorts at dinner in the my time dining even on casual days, so I brought all dresses, but I would have really liked to wear my nice dress shorts. Tip: You can pack nice shorts for dining except on formal nights.