Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun, relaxing cruise

Sail Date: May 08, 2016

I've been on all of the cruises from Galveston and I always enjoy this route.  Royal Caribbean's newly remodeled Liberty of the Seas was a fun and relaxing vacation.

We enjoyed having the balcony, but will probably go back to interior promenade staterooms for future cruises. I don't think it's worth the extra $700.
Embarkation was perfect. Disembarkation was chaotic this time. I have never seen such disorganization when trying to gather luggage and get through customs. It's always a chore to get off of the boat, but this time I definitely felt was much worse than any other cruise I've been on. They really need to improve this in Galveston.
Really enjoyed the art work on this cruise. Also, the main theatre was decorated in lighter tones which made it seem more open and brighter and newer than most ships.
Destinations were nice, but the available shore excursions in Belize were disappointing. Due to the location of the port, you have to travel a long way to get to the shore excursions in this destination and because it's also a tender port it made for a very long day and we almost didn't make it back to the ship. Also thought the cost was pretty high for shore excursions in Belize.
I enjoyed the new slides.
No applicable to me. But I did find that the children were kept separated from the adults which I appreciate.
Many of the shows are exceptional, I just don't find that they have headliner shows every night for all ages -- this cruise tended to cater to the older guests as a lot of the musical shows were centered on 70s.
I find that Royal Caribbean's dining experience is best in the Royal Dining Room at dinner. I am not as impressed with their buffets as I have been with other cruise lines, but the dining room service and food as well as the specialty restaurants are superb.

1 Comment