Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beautiful Ship Awesome vacation

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This is my 8th cruise but my first with RC. My daughter and granddaughter age 2 went with me. Deluxe balcony room (D1) was the biggest I have ever stayed in and did not cost that much more then a regular balcony. Definitely worth the difference. Now saying that, the room had a fantastic view, larger then other cruiselines but the beds definitely were not that comfortable. This was the only negative thing about this cruise. I still think the room was good because of it's size though. We really enjoyed the larger balcony and having more space in the room. If you are taking kids here are my suggestions:  DreamWorks character breakfast are awesome...we went to both of them! Make your reservations before you board because we know several people that could not get in once the cruise started.The 2 (almost 3) year old enjoyed decorating a cupcake. The pool area for kids was marvelous but you have to be 42 inches to get on the slides. She still had a great time. The boomerang is still not working. In Cozumel we did the early morning submarine ride. This is a super way to see the bottom of the ocean for those that do not scuba. People of all ages were on board and everyone enjoyed it. After the tour we took a taxi to Sanchos resort and that was our favorite thing we did. The admission is free unless you want the all inclusive rate. The beach was great and they give massages that were awesome ($30). I highly suggest getting the foot spa. For only $20 these little fishes will bite off all your dead skin and it felt wonderful. Best $20 you will ever spend! My daughter went parasailing and there were also people on jet skis. Best resort ever....On Grand Caymen we took a taxi to the turtle farm. I had bought our tickets online directly thru them because you get 20% off for the all inclusive. See their website. Don't take the cruise line tour because you won't be able to snorkel with the turtles or swim in the pool. The pool has a hugh slide and yes they let the child go down with an adult. I repeat you don't get to do these things if you book the tour but they will let you upgrade to the all inclusive once you get there. In Jamaica we were going to book a tour independently but when we got there we found out RC owns the pier so there is no one there selling tours other then RC! This is one port you probably want to book a tour we ended up going to the Red Stripe beach because it was the only thing available. Not that great but it was alright. The best show is the ice was fantastic don't miss it. Getting on the boat and getting off was very easy. We carried our luggage off and were on the road by 7:45!

Great room but need better mattresses!!!