Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Captain

My return to cruising

Sail Date: April 25, 2015

I had gone on 2 previous cruises with RCI, and had a long sabbatical before coming back. This was a larger ship then my first 2 cruises, and my first time with a balcony room. It was my first time cruising with my boyfriend (who was his first cruise) and his parents.

The room was great for the most part. We both could not seem to cool down. We always had the balcony door closed and the air up, but found ourselves hot a lot of the time.

The port of calls were slightly disappointing. It was my first time in Belize and Cozumel. Our only excursion was to a "resort" area. My Boyfriend and I relaxed by the pool, and there were other things to do for more money, but we had a rough morning, so did not want to push it.

I'm not sure if it was because I had not been cruising in some time, or if it was the cruise/ship, but it seemed like there were not as many activities on the ship as I remembered. It was the first time that the drink packages were offered for booze, and I jumped at the change. I must say it was super convenient. We did splurge with the cupcake shop which was a nice treat.
Overall, it re-sparked my love for cruising, and was not a bad experience.

Cruise Photos

Room was slightly warm, so we will be packing a travel fan this time around, but a nice room! Loved using the room service and having some fruit on our balcony watching the sun rise!
First time we did the self disembarkation and it went smooth for the most part.
Not impressed. A lot of excursions filled up FAST
Seemed sparce
We only went to one show, partially because we were always passing out early, but I was not impressed by the boogie nights.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
As we almost missed our flight, leave a day early
Belize City, Belize

Patience is a virtue! We got to port early, but waited in the line and it was HOT! Once the line opened, it went smoothly for the most part. I might avoid the wind jammer and just have breakfast before boarding. Oh and ALWAYS pre-book your excursion. DO NOT wait until you are on the ship