Hurricane Joaquin Led us Astray

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Helpful Vote: 1

5 Night Bermuda (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 03, 2015
Ship: Liberty of the Seas

We understood the need for port change....St.Johns, New Brunswick but it was kind of a dull stop. I had traveled on Royal Caribbean many times but had had not cruised for several years. Actually chose this line as I was introducing my husband to cruising for the first time! (Pretty loyal as Royal Carrib. made my last cruise with them beyond memorable during a difficult time.) Our biggest disappointment was the food/wine offerings in the dining room . Honestly, the service was good but the preparation was mediocre to poor! For example recommended pork chop would have been best used as a sole for a shoe, Scallop au gratin excellent augratin but bay scallops floating in water they had been frozen in...I use frozen scallops and I know to drain pretty well to avoid floating scallops!Wine package was an absolute joke...cheap common average to poor wine with minimal choice very pricey for what was offered! Ate one breakfast in dining room and it was terrible...Eggs Benedict slapped on a plate and cold, omelet took awhile to come out and it was nothing special! We reverted to the buffet for breakfast and lunch and the quality of food had improved but not our type of dining. Our balcony room was what we expected but there wasn't a pen or pad of paper anywhere, no shampoo...kind of weird! Entertainment was fun and I must say the price of a good top shelf liquor was fair! Gym well equipped and classes were good. Photo center was a mess difficult to view pictures as Kiosk's were broken or would freeze. Photos are gone after cruise so couldn't even purchase if we wanted to after cruise. Didn't turn my husband off for another cruise but he suggested we investigate a different line...Kind of a shame as I felt Royal Carrib. meant consistent quality!!

See above...Could have been quality problems in details of cooking.

Very nice, decor slightly dated. No amenities like a pen and pad or shampoo.