Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Great staff for 90% of the trip

Sail Date: August 27, 2015

The steward was excellent & the staff at the Windjammer were excellent.  The staff at the Guest Services were always very helpful and willing to assist in anything.  The time to get on the ship was very bad & hot.  Several of the stations to get the pass were not even occupied.  We got there early & it took almost 2 hours to get the pass.  The logistics to get guest on the ship at Boston was very bad after a great day in Boston.  Again the logistics at Bar Harbor were bad & several of the guest were very unhappy.  The exit of the ship was the worst experience I have ever had and I have traveled by air for over 40 years.  Due to the time constraints we wanted to take our bags & leave the ship.  We were directed to be at the dinning room between 7:00 am & 7:45 am.  When we arrived the wife of the couple we traveled with was waiting for us, she had gone down with my wife about 5 minutes before I came down with the luggage.  When I arrived a young man walked up to her and told her, you have to go inside in a very rude manner.  Another individual a female stated that it said we needed to be inside in the information provided by the ship.  I told him she was waiting for me & we went in.  Once inside it was very apparent the AC was not on or not working.  After several minutes I went out to go to the bathroom & to tell them about the AC.  When I walked out of the door I was again told by the same young man I needed to go back inside.  At that time I explained that the AC was not on or not working and again he told me to go back inside.  At that time I told him the way he was talking to people was rude and we were not to be treated like cattle.  Another young lady came up on my left side & took my arm pushing it & told me "You need to go inside like the directions stated".  I told the individual not to touch me & the instructions stated at not in.  I then left & went to the bathroom & then outside to cool down.  Another guest was also outside cooling down and noted to me how rude the staff had been directing them inside the dinning area & how hot it was in there.  This individual noted this was his 17th cruise with your company & was shocked how the staff getting the people in the dinning are were.  So when you ask if I would recommend this cruise I would recommend it only if the logistics have been corrected & the individuals I dealt with at the end were given a class on how to talk to people in stressful situation.  In my job I deal with stressed people daily & I have to remain calm, polite and explain thing to help others understand.  If I treated & talked to people the way these two individuals did I know my employer would be unhappy.

Very clean & the bed was great. Next time I know to bring my feather pillows since you do not offer them.
Except St. Johns
Except the last two individuals
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Boston, Massachusetts
Very nice with a lot of things to do.
Portland, Maine
Very nice.
Bar Harbor, Maine
Great location with a lot of options. The getting on & off the ship was very bad.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Very disappointing
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Very nice, one of the best places.

The ship is very large & plan on a lot of time to get back on & off the ship.