Good experience for a first time cruiser

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 05, 2015
Ship: Liberty of the Seas

Overall, I'd say that my wife and I enjoyed our cruise.  We had heard that service on a cruise ship is given as though you are a king and queen, but I can't exactly say we felt that way.  Some of the staff on the cruise seemed too busy to be friendly to you, while others, particularly the cleaning staff in our case, seemed to be welcoming and servant-hearted.  The nightly dinner food was good, but by no means extraordinary.  I ordered several dishes that I felt came out sub-par, such as the strip steak.  Some others were quite good, such as the beef tenderloin and roast duck. I'm by no means a picky eater though, and it didn't really diminish our cruise experience if I didn't like something.

It was over spring break for some Florida universities so the pools were really crowded sometimes.  I would really recommend that people don't cruise in March if large drunken crowds of college students aren't your thing. Or if you are traveling with your kids and don't want them to see tons of people with really skimpy "clothes" on.

We only made one stop which was Cozumel, and it was by far the highlight of the trip.  I recommend people cruise to multiple ports when possible.  I suppose I'm more into the destinations than the cruise itself.  Anyway, it was fun despite some minor things and I would probably cruise Royal Caribbean again - though not during the same time of year.

If you want to eat at Johnny Rockets, do it earlier rather than later in the cruise. It seemed like everybody had the same idea to try out the restaurant on our last day at sea and it was a bit of a wait.