Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

High expectations might have been too much for this cruise

Sail Date: November 22, 2014

Traveled RC before and Princess and Carnival in between.  Told my family this would be so much better than Carnival.  We were slightly disappointed overall.  1). Check in was very smooth and efficient.  2).  We opted for Any Time Dining and the first night of dinner the service was very bad and we requested a different waiter.  After that we had amazing service.  However, in general the wait staff, especially in the buffet area, seemed very tired and not very pleasant.  The last night we were taken to Deck 3 and treated like Kings/Queens.  3). Did not like that I could not get an iced tea unless Windjammer/Jade café was open which also meant I had to go there to get an iced tea.   I am not a soda drinker nor much of an alcohol drinker which was prevalent everywhere.   I did appreciate the hot tea available on the promenade.  4).  Was informed that our day in Belize was the first day of a new service which was tender tickets.  Had to take over an hour of my vacation day to stand in line for a tender ticket.  Was told we would not be allowed off the boat until 10:15 and it was a 45 minute ride.  Our excursion left at 10:30.  We were told we would have to call on a Sunday and hope we could notify the tour company.  You could have done this better with a paper we could have completed the first day asking if we had booked excursions and what times and what time we would like to get off.  Not everyone cares to get off as soon as we arrive but some do.  The part that bothered me more than the time spent in line for a ticket, and in line to call tour company at customer service, was the fact that NO ONE checked for a tender ticket.  People were coming out of the Level 1 elevator and butting right into the line.  It was a big failure as far as I am concerned.  5).  Bought an Invicta watch the last day of the cruise.  Came with a price guarantee and 2 year warranty.  However, no paperwork was given with the watch to support these claims.   Just a watch and a box.   Found the same watch back in Florida for $75 less.  Don't like to be swindled, expect to bargain and maybe get ticked in a port, but not on the ship.

Paid more for a better experience on R.C.  Not sure I got my money's worth as compared to the big boats of Carnival.

Rooms were nice, everything seemed very clean. PA system was very difficult to h ear the announcements.
Food was mediocre. Not always hot or even warm.
First night our service was horrible, waited and waited, and never came to take our dinner plates and/or offer dessert. We were there 1.5 hrs. Had to leave or would have missed our show. Did not clean up bread crumbs before main course. Something I have gotten used to in fine dining restaurants.
I enjoyed all of the entertainers. Great variety of shows! Michelle-comedian, and Finis the Entertainer were both fabulous.
Children's Programs Did not use.
Somethings were changed around due to weather. Had fun with trivia and Finish the Lyrics.
My itinerary says we would arrive in Belize at 9:00 ship time. We were told we had to get a tender pass and that we would not be let off the boat until 10:15 and then it takes 45 minute boat ride. This took away time in the port. Plus the day at sea I had to stand in line for over an hour to get a tender ticket which NO ONE CHECKED. I could have left on the first tender not waited for #6.
The porter was really nice and did a great job.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Check in was very smooth.
Belize City, Belize
Had a private excursion. Wonderful driver. Drive thru town to go to Lamani River and Ruins. It was very eye opening. My daughter's heart was opened up by the local people.
Don't really enjoy all the cruise owned shops. Understand that it helps the country and the economy but I want to see the country not crap I see in every port or at home. Who wants to go to Margaritaville when you can dine at an authentic mexican restaurant. Don't understand this at all.