Disappointed in Royal Caribbean

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 26, 2014
Ship: Liberty of the Seas

I was looking so forward to Royal Caribbean with all the hype I had heard.  I took this cruise as a birthday present, but was disappointed.

If it was just one thing, I would have rated higher, but it was many.  Our interactive TV did not work were we could view excursions, look at our account, and the room service menu.  When we called to ask about it, Guest Services never did answer the phone and we had to call housekeeping and maintenace.  We called on this at least three times, each time, trying Guest Services, with them NEVER answering the phone.  We were told that they were sorry, but it just didn't work, but the last day we were out to sea, it worked.

Also, we booked our big excursion prior to getting on the ship so that we would never have to sit in the line at shore excursions.  When I asked about a disposable underwater camera everyone said that all they had was the high dollar digital camera's.  Only did I find out the day of the excursion that someone said it was at the shore excursion desk.

We paid money for a balcony so we could go out there and watch the sea, but on a 5 day excursion, the wood had varnish on it for 2 days.

The food was not that great, and the wait staff one night was only at our table at the beginning for the orders and for the desert.  Nothing in between.

I am sorry, but I will never go on another Royal Caribbean again...I have been on Carnival with a much better experience.

The food was not that great...and they wait staff on one of our nights was only at our table twice!