Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Jamaica bound -- Disappointed

Sail Date: December 03, 2012

I booked this cruise for my birthday and was really excited about spending my personal holiday on an exotic beach in Jamaica -- needless to say we never made. We never made it to Jamaica -- the whole reason I booked this trip. The reason of why we did not make it was acceptable -- however the the fact that i was only refunded my port tax charge was not acceptable. I did not book a cruise to sit in the middle of the ocean for 3 days. I was not expecting my money back because i understand that i booked a cruise -- but Im bit confused: are the destinations just an added bonus?????? After we informed that we would not make it to our destination the guest services staff was not very accommodating at all, yeah they added a few more activities because we would be another day at sea - but even the activities were very dry. The mood on the ship was very down and I feel like the staff should have gone out of their way to ease the disappointment of not making our main destination. I have not decided if I will cruise with RC again. I definitely know they will not get my money in 2013 and i was looking forward to sailing on the Oasis.
The ship was great nothing less then what I expected from a previous cruise
Food was great -- saddened that now you have to pay for the seafood where as before it was an included entree. The Windjammer is the place to sit and eat all day if thats your thing.
Stateroom was good -- wished we had an animal every night like on my previous cruise
The staff was great -- However the management not very accomodating. As a mgr you should do everything in your power to make your guests comfortable
Loved the shows
Haiti was ok -- although the main destination was Jamaica -- we did not make it so i dont know how that destination was.