Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

The first of many cruises!

Sail Date: November 24, 2012

This was my family's first cruise. We couldn't be happier. The ship was beautiful and the staff was very helpful. Our waiter, David Benson (? Not sure if that is his last name, table 344 in Rembrant) deserves recognition because he made every night special for us at dinner. He remembered our names and made sure we were happy with our meals. I traveled with 3 girls who were of various ages. There were ample activities for them which was nice because I felt good knowing that I could relax as they were having fun. The ship was very safe also as they were free to explore the ship without me.

Pros: I liked so many things. The ice show and Saturday Night Fever were fabulous!

Cons: The game room for the kids was too pricey! The games were a minimum of 1.00 per game and some were 2.00. Please consider lowering. Also\, the photos were very nice but again\, very pricey. We didn't purchase one picture because the cost was too much for our budget.

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

The ship was maintained beautifully and it was easy to navigate to all of the different floors. There was artwork everywhere. The public restrooms were well maintained also.
I was impressed with the selection of food. There was something for everyone's pallet. The quality was excellent.
When we first arrived\, we were surprised that there was one bed. It was basically 2 twin sized beds put together and a couch. We thought\, \"Well\, I guess we will just have to make it work.\" We came back to the room a short time later to find that there were bunk beds pulled down from the ceiling. This was a great surprise and it made the room perfect. The beds were very comfortable and the room was super quiet.
Several staff members come to mind with going above and beyond. David Benson (I think that's the last name. Our waiter for table 344 in Rembrandt) deserves speciall recognition. He made every evening special for us. He greeted us by name every evening with his warm smile. He made us fee like we were VIP's and treated us with a lot of respect and kindness. He made meal recommendations and would assist when something didn't quite work for my teenage girls. I cannot say enough good things about him. I cannot remember the gentleman's name who assisted David for our meals with bread and drinks but he was extremely nice and polite and very helpful. Also\, I believe the gentleman's name who took care of our stateroom was Marion. He always checked on us and worked very hard to accomodate us. The room was always well maintained and he made sure we had whatever we needed.
The shows were fabulous\, especially Saturday Night Fever. The ice show was really good too. There was a lot of positive energy with this show and we were really impressed.
I brought my daughter who is 10 years old and my niece who is 15 years old. My niece surprised me with how well she acclamated to the teen group and was excited to join in on the activities. This really made the trip special for her. My daughter however did not participate. She initially poked her head into her age group's area and saw a bunch of younger kids coloring. This immediately turned her off and she didn't go back. In hind sight I needed to investigate further to see if she was missing out on some fun activities. She wanted to do more of what the teenagers were doing with a game room night and dodgeball