Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Ready to cruise the Liberty again!

Sail Date: February 09, 2012

Room Type: Suite

A beautiful ship. Quite large, which made me feel more at east on our cruise.

Pros: Actually the dining room wait staff. Professional, patient, attentive. They were Outstanding!

Cons: Suite attendant. On shore excursion.

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

For the most part, Ship Staff was excellent and accommodating. However, I had to almost argue and demand that our Suite Attendant arrange our suite the way that we were guaranteed it would be. When it wasn't, I went to "Customer Service" and they called (in my presence) to have it done. 3 hours later, the attendant happened by and complained about how much other work that he had to do and stated that they had not called him. Eventually, our accommodations were arranged accordingly, however we had to rearrange some of the furniture ourselves. After all that, even though I asked repeatedly for coffee (to be used with our suite coffee pot) - was consistently told that the ship was out.?. I was never able to enjoy a cup of coffee in the cabin or on the balcony.
Entertainment was just alright. Low quality art auctions. Expensive bingo games. Bars and dancing galore. Shopping adequate. However, the performance of "Saturday Night Fever" was very well done.
On shore Coba excursion was overpriced. 8 hour excursion and we were so rushed that a great injustice was done to the Mayan culture and ruins. Could not stay up with the tour guide and heard almost nothing of what he was saying as he was walking away from us as he spoke. The luncheon that was provided in the "cave" restaurant was a mediocre buffet. After sitting down with our food, we had literally 5 minutes to eat and then were rushed along to see a Mayan ceremonial dance - which was so dark that we could hardly see the dancers. Such a shame - the entire excursion needs to be revamped.