Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Amazing trip and a great value!

Sail Date: October 29, 2011

Getting on board went very smoothly, it seems that since they went to online check in they move much quicker. Our stateroom was a balcony stateroom (not a suite) and it was plenty of room for my Mother and I. The bed was very comfortable.
Regarding food I am not a huge fan of buffets so even though my Mom preferred the Windjammer for all of its diversity I preferred the dining room for all three meals. My favorite was the lunch salad they let you choose what you want then they chop it. We decided to do the late dining and was happy while we were in ports but not so happy once we were at sea for 7 days because we were hungry a lot of times earlier. I would recommend the anytime dining and signing up for it before the ship sales since it booked up right after we set sail.
We did excursions in almost every port so it is hard to say if we would have had more fun on our own. There were some ports where there was really nothing to do unless you did an excursion. They can add up though if you are on a long cruise. My best advice is to research each port before going to see if the area of interest is within walking distance of the ship.
The ship we were on was the Liberty of the seas and it was huge to me. I know that they have made larger ships now but I cannot imagine what for. There always seemed as though there was something to do an somewhere to go. We took advantage of the enrichment seminars, ice shows, theatre and a few of the "games". All were well done and entertaining.
There are a lot of places on the ship to escape and hang. My favorite was the Vintage room where I could pour myself a glass of wine and snuggle up in a comfortable chair to read. They also offered wifi on the ship so that was very convenient.
Our room attendant was not 100% but it did not effect our overall trip really, he was just a complainer. Turns out so was our waiter who rarely broke a smile but again it did not adversely affect our trip. The wonderful people we were sitting with made up for the waiter.
The only time I felt as though things were not handled well was leaving the ship. We were one of the lasts which we had planned on but customs had held it up so long that we were almost 2 hours late. Then once off the boat we waited in a monster line with very aggravated people. We had to carry our own luggage since there were no available porters so needless to say a few hours in we were not happy.
Other than that the trip was a huge success and even with 7 days at seas, choppy weather and a creaky boat we had a blast. Royal Caribbean does it well.

Pros: Hard to say just one thing. Food, entertainment, ports we went to.

Cons: The ship made a lot of noise when we hit choppy waters. Our room attendant complained about his job and so did our waiter.

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!