Best vacation in years

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 12, 2010
Ship: Liberty of the Seas
The liberty of the seas is a giant ship full of activities such as surfing (flowrider), rock climbing, ice skating and more. The facilities onboard are excellent and include pools, a spa, a theater, a nightclub, shopping, and bars - my favorite being Boleros bar. The service and staff were top notch and the live entertainment was absolutely fantastic. There are so many activities goin on it can be a little overwhelming and there is no way you will be able to see and do everything on the ship. You have to pick and choose. Overall the Liberty of the Seas has something for everybody no matter your age or tastes.

Main seating has great food and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable but the real five-star food can be found at the two restaurants (you have to pay a minimal fee practically nothing to what you would normally pay) "Chops Grill" and "Portofinos". Even Johnny Rockets had great food and friendly staff. My only complaint would be that we were seated in the main dining area with other people on your table. Turns out they were wonderful people but it was our honeymoon and we would have enjoyed the experience as a newly wedded couple.

Every night you receive a daily planner for the next day. This is so important because there are so many activities on board that without it, I would have been completely lost. There were comedy shows, ice skating shows, movie at the theater, plays, musicals, game shows (the love and marriage game show  - I never heard my wife laugh so hard), karaoke, amazing race style events, poolside competitions, bingo, poker tournaments and the list goes on and on and on... The presentation was usually excellent and the casino staff is great! They even opened up a table for me and some friends we met and let us decide the minimum for that table.

Most of the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and just downright fun. Our stateroom attendant was charming and did a wonderful job. The waiters at the main dining were just great. Bar staff were almost like old friends. Everybody remembered your name and the head waiter at our dining hall even made us a surprise dish from our native country. Even staff from around the ship that never served me in any way always remembered my name and would stop for a quick chat. By the end of the cruise I was on a first name basis with over 30 members of staff.

A beautiful ship. Surfing (flowrider), pools, spa's, restaurants, nightclubs, a skating rink, a jazz club, latin bar, casino, gym... The list goes on and on. My wife and I lived on the boat for seven nights and didnt get to see everything. really great.

Nice little room with adequate facilities. The room was cleaned beautifully and was always fresh and presentable if not a little on the small side, but that is to be expected on a ship. The bathroom and shower were fine. No complaints. The balcony was certainly the best part of the room. Gorgeous views and an absolute must if youre a smoker :-)
We didnt enjoy our beach excursion much. there were three cruise ships docked there at the time. The beach was over crowded and expensive.
I go to jamica regularily so we didnt get off on this port, but I can tell you that Dunns River falls really is a great experiance.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
We loved the snorkeling in Cozumel. A family of dolphins swam beside our boat. That was a sight to see and watching giant tutles in their natural habitat was breathtaking. The beach excursion was also very pleasent and the people were lovely.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling and beach break
My favorite stop because of the zip line (dragons breath). Apparently its the longest and highest in the world. It was great. My only criticism is that we port at a quaint little tourist village that was designed and created by Royal Caribbean. I would have preferred something a little more authentic.
Don't Miss: Dragons Breath Zip Line

Pros: Staff, facilities, entertainment, service, cleanliness and food

Cons: There is nothing I didn't like about the ship

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!