The cruise was ok!

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 22, 2010
Ship: Liberty of the Seas
Overall I was not impressed at all with this cruise. I have been on 7 cruises and this was the next to the worst experiance I had on a ship. I truly thought the staff on many occasions were rude not saying thank you or please.

The menu wasn't that good. A lot of chicken or pasta dishes, Speciality restraunts on board were awesome but for an extra fee!

OK so they have a wave flow rider and a rock wall and a skating rink. But planned activvities were few and far between. Many activities took place in the smoke filled casino. I think they wanted people in there to entice them to gamble. No machines were hitting many passangers were complaining about this. Many on the activities staff were rude and would cheat in the games. If we objected they told us to get over it. For instance they were doing a name that tune game and there were two woman guessing, one of the woman was from England the other from the USA they played the tune and the woman from England said she never heard the tune it was a Billy Joel song and the activities person said ok lets give another song. The entire audiance objeccted because it was not fair the American new the song but the activities person told the audiance to get over it and gave another song. This was only one example of there lack or professionalism on this voyage!

I am thinking because the tips were pre paid they did not go the extra mile. I could be wrong maybe they ddint even know but it sure seemed as though they did. We only saw our room attendant the first day. I was traveling with a friend and we requested that he split the queen size bed into two twins. He did and took the linnens off the bed and thew them under the bed where they stood the entire trip. All in all the staff mearly did there job and no more!

Don't Miss: The catamaran sail was very nice and the staff was attentive and accomadating.
I enjooyed the activity we did, it was parasailing. The personal was great. The beach was full of rocks we couldnt even go in the water. We decieded to shop at the market place they had and one merchants cornered me and I got very uncomfortable. I felt as though I couldn't get away. He eventuely moved aside and I was able to get out but I was a nervous wreck at that point and went back to the boat.
Don't Miss: The parasailing!
The shopping was great but it was hard to get around streets are narrow and we found ourself walking in the street most of the time. It was a bit dangerous.
Don't Miss: Shopping was great got some great deals.

Pros: The people we met.

Cons: The staff was unattentive!

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!