Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great time

Sail Date: May 02, 2010

The ship was amazing and in great condition. It was very big but after spending a little time reviewing the maps, you could easily learn where you were going. The entire vacation was excellent and the ship had no problems in any of the ports. it was great that we never had to tender.

Pros: The ship & staff & great excursions

Cons: Cannot think of anything. Thats a good thing.

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

Food: Great experience in the dining room for formal dining. The WindJammer could have more options and slightly better quality food. That place was ALWAYS packed, but the staff did an excellent job cleaning up immediately and finding us a table. We almost ALWAYS got to eat by the window and watch the ocean. And we always ate at the very popular 10AM breakfast and 2PM lunch.
Stateroom: Go for the Balcony. It makes a world of difference. The closet space was smaller than I remember on previous boats but it was still perfectly manageable.
Staff: Amazing, like always on cruises. Very helpful, very interactive.
Ship Quality: GREAT. See above. Always clean, always had staff cleaning it. Easy to get around... although it was very large. Sometimes the wait for the elevators was long but that could be because it was a full boat and my lack of patience.
Entertainment: The entertainment was great on the boat. We didnt go to many of the shows-- just the in the air and the ice show. I heard that the comedian wasn't funny and the end of cruise show wasn't good. I highly recommend the Ice Show for ALL families/couples/etc as this show appeals to all. The Love&Marriage Game Show is always great. The Quest is great and entertaining. Those were all worth the time!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Labadee: RCI has made some major improvements to their private island. I was there 6 years ago and its not the same whatsoever. Try the activities if you have the $$.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan: Again, spend the time and $$ doing a GREAT excursion. We did the Fortifications Segway tour. We got to see more than all the other walking tours in less time, and still had time for shopping afterwards, AND didnt feel exhausted at the end like all the other tours. We also had a small group... there are only 10 segways and they split up our group of 9 into two tours.... one of 4 and one of 5. The Tour Guide took pictures of the couples as they stood and hugged on the segway. This was my second time to San Juan and I had so much more fun and have such a better appreciation for this island in 5 hours than I did when I stayed there for 2 days. Our friends at dinner said the Bacardi Rum tour was a bust. Our ship docked from 730-230... keep in mind that those times suck if you want to spend your day shopping. Most of the shops didn't open until after 10AM.
Don't Miss: FORTIFICATIONS SEGWAY TOUR
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St. Maarten: We did the Beach Fun Mobile Tour which is a Scooter tour and it was AWESOME. Worth the price. My experience with cruises is that if youre going to do an excursion, do something DIFFERENT. ... and PAY the $$$. It may be more expensive, but its worth it. We got to drive around the island from the dutch to french side in a 2 person scooter and then go to one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been (on the french side). Best shopping is at this port.
Don't Miss: SCOOTER/ATV/4X4 Jeep Safari