Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

There Were Ups and Downs

Sail Date: August 01, 2009

I'm not new to cruising, this is already my fourth cruise, and I'm only 18 years old- so maybe I'm a harsher critic than others. I would say I had an overall good time on the ship, but I will go into more detail within each section I review below. I travelled with a group of 15 of us. This is because it was my brother's wedding cruise. He got married at one of the ports of call: Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The wedding went all wrong. Firstly, the photographer never showed up. Luckily, we brought our cameras and some people who worked for Liberty of the Seas came along with us to snap some good photos. The ship provided us with a free photo package to apologize for the no- show. Also, my brother and his bride wanted a regular ceremony, without any of the religious stuff to get in the way. A minister showed up with a giant cross, one of those collar things, and a bible. We are not even close to being Christian. This was a huge problem for us. We resolved the issue, but I'd rather not go into further detail. Other things went wrong with the wedding, but I don't have the time to explain. NEVER EVER EVER PLAN A WEDDING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S ROYAL ROMANCE PROGRAM. NEVER!

Pros: The Service from the Stateroom Attendant and Dining Staff

Cons: Royal Romance's Wedding Package

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!