Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Ship, You Will LOVE IT!

Sail Date: June 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

My wife and 4 year old daughter and I did the Eastern Caribbean Cruise to St. Martin, Puerto Rico and Labadee (RCCL private beach). We loved this ship! In fact, this was our second cruise on this ship. We previously were on the Liberty's inaugural cruise in May of 2007. The fact we came back should tell you everything you need to know about whether or not you'll enjoy this cruise! With very rare exception, all the Crew went out of their way to be friendly. Even maintenance personnel offered a friendly and sincere "hello" as they passed us in the hallway. We stayed in a Junior Suite. The room has all the space you could want and the bathroom was a good size. On most ships my wife always joke about the claustrophobic size of the bathrooms and how the shower curtain "molests" us as we try to shower in the tiny space. This is definitely NOT the case on this ship. At least not for a Junior Suite
If you have young kids I strongly recommend this ship. I was so impressed how so many of the Crew stopped and engaged my little 4 year old daughter as they walked by. They went out of their way to pay attention to her. The Adventure Ocean Kid's Club was really nice with a lot of fun activities. My daughter kept asking us to take her back to it. Another cool feature is if your child is 4 or less, they give you a cellphone (only works on ship) so they can reach you at any point if there is a problem.

The food was good. There is a good selection of dinning options so you can never get tired of the food. The only exception is breakfast which doesn't change much from one day to the next. Because of our daughter, we decided to use the "My Time Dinning" option so we could have more flexibility as to when to eat. It is a good idea, but they need to improve the system a bit. You need to make a reservation are risk having to wait for a table. Having said that, we would still use it next time because of the overall freedom of being able to change your dinning time to suit your schedule from one day to the next. On two nights we paid extra to eat at both the Portofino and Chops restaurants. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND DOING THE SAME! The food is FANTASTIC and the service is as good as I have ever experienced in any restaurant I have ever dined at. However, make your reservations early as these two restaurants fill up quick! We tried to book a table two days in advance and barley got into Chops.

The gym itself is great. All the cardio equipment has it's individual tv and you can change channels to find something that interests you. I was disappointed with the lockeroom as it was small and plain.

The entertainment in the main theater was ok, but I am not a big fan of these types of shows. The ice skating show however is a can't miss in my opinion! I was a little disappointed that they hadn't changed it at all since our inaugural cruise two years ago, but I still loved it!

I have been on 14 cruises in my life and I can tell you that this is a great cruise experience. You will be hard pressed to find a prettier ship, friendlier crew and varied activities on-board as this ship offers. Book a cruise on Liberty of the Seas with no worries or hesitation! Although I would do the Western Caribbean cruise rather then the Eastern Caribbean. I preferred the ports we visited on our first cruise.

Pros: AwesomeShip, Friendly Crew, On-Board Activities, Child Friendly

Cons: Gym lockeroom, not enough time in Puerto Rico, no mints on pillow

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!