Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not that great

Sail Date: December 01, 2008

The boat's layout and activities are what to be expected on a Royal ship. What I did not expect was the rude service that we received from our stateroom attendant and the bar staff in the Olive or Twist Lounge. These two awful experiences really ruined what was to be a great vacation. Our dining room staff was amazing, as well as the Spa staff. Having sailed with Royal over 8 times, I was very surprised at the treatment of the guests. Elderly guests that could not walk down the stairs to disembark at a port were yelled at and told they had to go back up the elevator and walk down the stairs. I could not believe how the activities staff treated the guests. My experience on this vacation really makes me want to rethink the trip I have booked with them for next year. I am not going to pay my hard earned money to be mistreated. The disembarkation to go home was out of control. People were everywhere and our time to get off the boat was pushed back an hour and a half. The staff did not know what was going on, so they did not know how to deal with the people that were asking questions about when we would be able to get off of the ship. This is not that new of a ship and they should have those kind of issues worked out already. I know that this is a mega ship, but they have Oasis coming out soon and how do they expect to get all of THOSE people off the boat in a timely fashion? It is not going to happen!

Pros: Food

Cons: The staff

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? No.