Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Disappointed

Sail Date: October 25, 2008

This was our fifth cruise. We have sailed on Princess, Holland America, and Royall Caribbean (ten years ago) lines before. Let's start with what we liked: It was big and a brand new ship. The food was great. The service in the dining area was great and so were the shows.

Things that were not: The service in the Windjamer (buffet area) was not existent after the second day. We could not get coffee at all. No one would come by and ask. If they did, we would not get the coffee till we finished eating. We eventually had to get it ourselves. They would not pick up the dirty plates. When you asked for certain items at the Windjamer, they would sometimes roll their eyes. On their private Island in Haiti, they had a Bar-B-Q; it was from 11 am to 2 pm. I did not hear when they announced the hours of the Bar-B-Q and I'm sure other people might have missed it too. I got in line with a friend at 2:15 pm. Another passenger got behind us. The guy behind us says to the, what looked to be the head waiter (dressed in white Royal Caribbean uniform), there doesn't seem to be much dessert left. The waiter's response, and I quote, "We close at 2 pm and it is 2:15 pm, you are lucky to get anything." I don't think I have to explain how that feels when you are on vacation. He could have said, let me see what I can do, or I'm sorry but unfortunately we close at 2, but the attitude of "You are lucky to get anything." One more thing, three quarters of the lockers in the men's locker room were broken. I went into a steam room and came out to try to take a shower; there were no soap or shampoo in any of the showers. Before I left, I told them that they were out. The next day when I went to take a shower, there was soap but no shampoo. By the way, they don't charge for orange juice at breakfast but they charge for it at lunch if you want it.

They were constantly performing maintenance during what I think are regular hours. They were changing the carpet like material around the pool area. The pool and half of the Jacuzzis were closed. The other half of the Jacuzzis that were working, one was not heated and the other one was not working. This happened at 9:30 pm, two nights in a row. Same thing happened with the ping pong tables at 11:00 am.

We are probably never going to take a Royal Caribbean cruise again.

Pros: Food

Cons: Service in the Windjamer

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? No.