Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

When Bigger is Not Better

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

June 2 Voyage. We were the unfortunate group that sailed right after the Norovirus outbreak. The crew was sanitizing the ship so our check in and departure was delayed by several hours. We were herded to the convention center by bus for 5 hrs then herded back to the ship. We were to sail at 6:00pm we sailed around midnight. This was my 5 cruise, 3rd on RCCL - I was disappointed. This was clearly an instance of Big not being Better. I understand them having to Sanitize the ship, but instead of working the staff to death, and herding the passengers like cattle, RCCL should have spent the money on additional staff to help Sanitize the ship and get things back to normal sooner. Unfortunately they went too far with the sanitizing and sanitized the flavor right out of the food as well. The dinning room was ok, the buffets were unappealing they looked pretty but you were constantly disappointed by the taste or lack there of stick to fruit breads and cereal. Each day we were met by the every present smell of bleach, I dont know about you but the last thing I want to do on my vacation in addition to standing in lines, is face the constant smell of bleach. The staff wiped every surface around the clock with some sort of bleach spray which left a cloudy residue all over. Cleary they didnt realize that too much bleach can be an irritant to the skin and anyone with sinus or allergy problems. The ship was beautiful, big and spacious, Olive & Twist Jazz club was greatmayby RCCL will get it together by the 5 or 10 voyage on Liberty. In the mean time Im looking at Princess.

Pros: Stateroom - Casino - Olive & Twist Jazz Club

Cons: Bleach Smell and Residue everywhere and Substandard Buffet food

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? No.