Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Back to cruising on Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

Been on Carnival last 4 cruise and wanted to return to Royal to see if spending the extra money was worth it. I thought the food in the Windjammer/Jade was better than Carnival in selection and taste. But the main dining room was very disappointing. We had cold apps, undercooked lobster, overcooked pork tenderloin, and some not so good tasting deserts. Our waitstaff was no so friendly and eager to know us (as in past experiences). Maybe they don't care anymore since most people give the suggested tip and no more.
The room amentities were weak. I had to request a robe (we had a balcony room). Carnival has robes and free samples. They also have body wash. Royal has bar soap, no samples and a substance that is shampoo/conditioner combined. My hair is a mess with having no conditioner all week (and only a bottle of White Rain to choose from in gift shop--what is the point ). I would have brought my own, but I assumed if Carnival has these things, so would Royal.
Royal ships are more beautiful and bright inside. Plus they have a lot more open deck space. The gym has a lot of cardo machines. I don't like that Royal does not give you free access to ice tea, lemonade, water, tea and coffee. Windjammer closes at 3pm til 6:30pm. During this time, there is no where to go to get lemonade or ice tea. In the mornings they only set out water and juice. I like to go for a lemonade after my morning run--don't have available. They also shut down the ice cream cone machine--Carnival is 24/7. I felt dehydrated most of the week due to access of beverages.
So in conclusion, I am not 100% sure that Royal is worth spending the extra money on. I expected more and didn't feel like it was there (except for the activites and shows--which I really don't care that much about anyway.) The food was really a close tie since the dining room food on Carnival is better, but Royal wins upstairs dining.

Pros: The ship itself is beautiful and has lots of activities for all ages

Cons: Main room dining was disappointing--plus seemed like a rookie crew on board

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

Dining room..disappointing. Windjammer was really good.
no robes, no free samples, no body wash, no seperate hair conditioner, cheap toilet paper
lots of rookies.
ice show awesome, comedy was good, all kinds of physical activites offered, nice gym