Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not that great

Sail Date: December 01, 2008

The boat's layout and activities are what to be expected on a Royal ship. What I did not expect was the rude service that we received from our stateroom attendant and the bar staff in the Olive or Twist Lounge. These two awful experiences really ruined what was to be a great vacation. Our dining room staff was amazing, as well as the Spa staff. Having sailed with Royal over 8 times, I was very surprised at the treatment of the guests. Elderly guests that could not walk down the stairs to disembark at a port were yelled at and told they had to go back up the elevator and walk down the stairs. I could not believe how the activities staff treated the guests. My experience on this vacation really makes me want to rethink the trip I have booked with them for next year. I am not going to pay my hard earned money to be mistreated.

Pros: Food

Cons: The employees

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? No.

No willingness to even serve a drink in the bar. We sat at this bar nightly because it was a smoking bar. There was one bartender that walked around to serve drinks. She repeatedly skipped over our table and did not ask if we needed service every time we were there. I would walk to the bar and get service from the bartender that worked behind the bar. I got so fed up with one day because we were the only people in the bar and she just walked around ignoring us. I asked to speak to her manager. I filed a formal complaint. I will not give anyone the automatic 15% gratuity who treats me like that.
Overall the ship was in good shape, they could use some better lighting in places.
The room had a very average layout and setup and very poor stateroom attendant. Upon arrival we were told due to the recession there would be no chocolate on the pillows at night. Also we were Platinum members and were told that the use of robes was now only for Diamond members. This was told to us by our stateroom attendant. This did turn out to be false because some other people we were traveling with were also Platinum and they had robes and chocolates. We later found out our stateroom attendant did not want to do his job. Everyday he had an excuse for not cleaning the room or leaving enough towels.
Nothing special
Chops and Portofino were great. The dining room overall was pretty good. The Cafe on the Promenade makes great brownies!