Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Family Vacation

Sail Date: August 16, 2008

I thought it was beautiful. Clean. There was always a crew member cleaning something. Our wait staff was incredible. We had the main seating at table 545 and they couldn't do enough for us. We were sad to leave them.

Pros: Everything. The ship was incredible

Cons: The rude passengers. They were extremely rude, Acted like they haven't eaten a meal in a year and didn't watch their children in the pool. One boy was going to jump over my head to get in the pool until I yelled at him. Where were his parents?

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

Everything was fantastic
The food was good. There was always a pasta, or chicken or fish available everyday if you didn't like the individual choices.
I can't believe the size of the rooms and the amount of space for everything. We had two cabins four in one and two in another. We managed to put away everthing comfortable for three in each room. The luggage went under the bed. There were hidden cabinets in the room and bathroom. There were shelves in the closet. Plenty of room.
Everyone was super friendly. Unfortunately the passengers weren't so nice to them and treated them like they were invisible. They couldn't do enough for us.
The shows were good. The ice show was fantastic!!!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This island was so beautiful. It was so hot. There was nobody begging. We got the all day water taxi pass for $6.00 that worked out well. I just think Royal Caribbean should have picked the tab up on that. It was their responsibility to take us to the port all the way.
Don't Miss: The shopping
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
This was a nice day to relax on the beach. We took a walking tour. It was nice, but all the guide did was say how poor they were. We think he was looking for a big tip. It was impossible to shop in their markets because of the begging. We would be looking at one stand and five other vendors came over to us and wouldn't leave us alone. We only went to one booth before we had to leave because we wouldn't take it anymore. Maybe if RC toned them down a little they would get more activity.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I took a tour of Old and New San Juan. It was kind of a waste. The fort they take you to is walking distance from the ship. Then they just drove us around. It wasn't what I thought. There was a lot of people begging and homeless cats that was so depressing. The shopping was okay.