Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

BEST CRUISE EVER!

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

It was a great cruise. It was the ship's 8th voyage and I had a lot of fun. I surfed the flowrider alot and that was an awesome expierance. The service wasn't very great because there are 4,000 people onboard. When we were trying to get a waiter to order a drink, none would even make eye contact with us. The food was not very good, not much selection, and the buffet food was terribly cold and dry. The H20 Zone was great, lots of cool things to do. Ben and Jerry's was fanamominal! Awesome ship, Labadee was beautiful, this ship is good for an adventure seeking person, or a person that likes to have fun. I don't recommend this ship for elderly citizens or people that plan to go to try out the food. Ship seems like it is aimed for ages 7-45.

Pros: Flowrider, Promenade, H20 Zone, all public areas

Cons: Service, Food

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

Extroidinary size, it is the biggest ship you can get, layout was very easy to remember, except it was hard to find bathrooms. Excellent condition, everything was shined and looked as if it were new. Ok decor, ship needs more colors. Very clean, everywhere I turned there were crew members holding hand sanitizing wipes for people.
Our waiters wern't very talkative. The food selection was terrible, and the food itself tasted like cold fast food. It was hard for adults with kids to go to specialty restaurants because kids under 13 were not allowed in.
HORENDUSLY TERRIBLE!! When we wanted a drink and we tryed to signal a waiter, they saw us but would not come over to us, and some didn't even make eye contact. It looked like all the crew cared about was the cash they were making because the service and willingness was awful. We were at Sorrentos ordering a whole pizza, and the lady wouldn't give it to us, she said they were not making cheese pizza the rest of the night! Now how do you make other toppings without the cheese! They just didn't want to give us the pizza! This ship needs to shape up there service and staff because they are all stubborn.
The variety was not to great, only 3 nights were there different shows than the singers and dancers, and only 1 good commedian. The last night there was not a very great farewell party. The ice show blew me away! It was fantastic! The cruise director ( James andrews ) was funny and very good at his job.
Ok, when I looked at the kids programs I said " I don't think those kids of that age would like that too much". Some kids like it, and some don't, it will always be that way since different kids like different things.
Still small rooms. It was nice though, very comfy beds, and the flatscreen TV brought the room alive. My rooms location was bad, we had to walk down half of the ship in a hallway to get to the room. Our room was about 4 doors down from the presidential suite, so that was nice. Condition looked new, even though there were lots of trash underneath the beds.