Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Third Mate

The Good, The Bad and The Very, Very Ugly

Sail Date: June 28, 2015

Well, the bed was very comfortable and so was the cabin. The ports of call were also fun and the the excursions that I set up exclusive of those offered by the ship were great. The food in the main dining room was also very good. But that's were the good ended. The bad? The staff of the ship. The cruise drirector needed a personality replacement. I've been on other cruises where they have been much, much better. This guy, needs to learn to say something other than "how are you doing tonight?" or "did you enjoy the show?" Do you want smoked salmon in the Windjammer on the beginning of the cruise? Sorry, that's against policy. Although it did show up later in the later in the cruise. Did policy change somewhere in the middle of the South China Sea? Want a pancake that doesn't resemble something like a hockey puck? That, too, was an impossibility. Inconsistent food quality was a hallmark of the Windjammer.

Ah and now the very, very ugly...How about a a few rude crew members? Yes, they were in attendance on this ship of fools. How about a tendering process that must have been organized by a ten year old (no insult to ten year olds intended)? That's right...waiting in the hot sun for over an hour to get on a tender back to the ship on two separate occasions. NO apology even. You'd think these guys would have that down to a science by now.

Think of complaining and getting and getting any kind of apology? Forget about it. They couldn't care less. And how about $36.00 for a 24 hour internet connection? I don't know what you would call that but where I come from I call it a Royal Ripoff!

I have taken many diferent cruises over the last twenty years and many on Royal Carribean and this one has to be the worst ever. It will make me question whether to take another Royal Carribean ever again.

Old, tired vessel that needs to be retired

1 Comment