A Recent Cruise

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 27, 2007
Ship: Legend of the Seas
This was my second Royal Caribbean cruise in three months. Pretty good value when it was discounted. I wanted ports of call that I had never been to before. Grand Caymen and Cozumel were the highlights. Belize and Costa Maya were the lowlights. I had an ocean view room this time which made the room more cozier. Checking in was fairly quick and uneventful! I had booked 5 tours. All 5 tours started late which cut into the day activities. The shows were entertaining, especially the Royal Caribbean Dancers! My waiter, his assistant and my cabin attendent were the best of the best! They made the cruise a lot more pleasant. Tendering at almost every port was also a tremendous waste of time.
Due to high winds that day we were forced to anchor at the opposite side of the island. Our snorkel trip to Stingray City was incredible. There was not enough time to visit George Town. I would go back to Grand Cayman for a week.
I took the Discovery Scuba tour. It was wonderful! Terrific instruction. Got my first certified open water dive. The water is beautiful. The people were pretty friendly. I prefer Cozumel to Cancun.
This appears to be a new port that Mexico is trying to develop. All the shops, bars, restaurants, sea water swimming pool, etc, is right at the end of the pier. It has great appeal to a person who wants to get a tourist flavor of Mexico, but offers no culture. The shops were severely overpriced.
I had a dissappointing tour with a less than personable tour operator. It took almost three days for Royal Caribbean to straighten out my credit.

Pros: Most of the staff that I encountered were fabulous, full of energy, good spirits and caring.

Cons: A couple of employees were either pompous (main dining room) or non caring (windjammers) . A tour that was offered that was not accurately described in the tour book. It wasted half of a vacation day. I could not sit in the lounges or the casino because of too much cigarette smoke.

Recommends Legend of the Seas? Yes!