Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very Nice Cruise

Sail Date: November 18, 2006

This was our first time on a cruise so we weren't sure what to expect. To our surprise our cruise experience was quite nice and we would do it again. We did run into rough seas so the going was a little bumpy at times. We were especially please to find out that when we reached the Cayman Islands the port authority had denied us access at the usual tender position. Captain Carl worked with the authorities to get us around the back of the island so we would be able to disembark. There was another cruise ship that just turned away from the island. Our cabin was clean and well kept as was the rest of the ship.

Pros: Our captian work with the local port authorities to get us into the Cayman Islands when other cruise ships avoided the island because of rough seas

Cons: There wasn't much we did not like, the only complaint I would have is one of the employees in the photo area was quite rude, but he was the only person we ran into that had an attitude

Recommends Legend of the Seas? Yes!

The food was good though it certainly wasn't want I envisioned it to be (i.e In the Windjammer I expected large shrimp cocktail, instead they were small frozen shrimp, the cold cuts they served were also low quality) I would like to see a variety of choices from day to day, they tended to have the same afternoon snack choices every day. The dinning room was quite lovely. Service was fabulous, our waiter Dawkin truely could not be be beat. I asked for extra veggies the first night, he brought them and it caught on some of our other table mates requested additional veggies. From that night on he made sure our table was given a large bowl of assorted veggies. Darwin made our whole dinning room experience an unforgettable memory.
We stayed in a room with a balcony, wouldn't do it any other way. Our cabin attendent kept it made sure we had everything we needed. Loved the nightly critters that were left for us!
Everyone was wonderful, again my only complaint about the staff would be the one French employee in the photo area that had grabbed some pictures I had in my hand, told me they were closed then processed to throw them on the floor.
George Town, Grand Cayman
we were not able to do our excusion - sting ray city- because of the high seas. We ended up taking a city tour with a local. It was great.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
You can tell that the port had been set up by the cruise lines. Very commerical, they were EXTREMELY pushy and the pressure was quite high to purchase items. We did the Mayan Ruins, loved it, would have liked a little more time on the trip but it was well worth it.
Don't Miss: Mayan Ruins
George Town, Grand Cayman
Belize City, Belize
We did the Jungle Buggy Cave excusion, we had a wonderful time, but we spent an 1 1/2 hours on the bus each way (1/2 hour of it was on a very rough unpaved road, they called it our free massage) the Buggy ride was about 15-20 mins and we spent less than 20 mins in the cave. It was alot of riding for the small amount of time on the actual excusion.
Loved it, want to go back. We planned on doing the Tulum but since our Cayman excusion had been cancelled and we had yet to put our feet in the Caribbean we decided to change. We ended up doing the Dune Buggy/snorkel trip. WHAT A BLAST! We took the scenic route around the shore, ended up at a private beach. Our buggy tour guide also was our snokel guide and guided us thru the water which was great. He had food where he could lore the fish out from the coral. We had lunch also. It was great, again I wish the excusion was longer, we spent a little under 2 hours at the water, it was so beautiful I wish it was longer
Don't Miss: Dune Buggy Snokel trip