Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise for Everyone But Small Chil

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The staff on board are very sweet. Everyone goes out of their way to be nice. My husband and I have two children. One is 12 and the other is 13 mos. Our 12 year old had a wonderful time. Her program was called the Navigators (12-14yrs old). It is very well run and well thought out. There was alot of variety for her.
We chose Royal Caribbean because of their well marketed Aqua Babies program. However, it is nothing that they state in the marketing. It is nothing more than a few toys being set out on a conference room floor for two hours everyday. There was not music or staff instruction. Also, they will not allow un potty trained chidren in the pools and they provide no baby pools or alternative areas for children.
Unfortunately, our ship was at sea for two whole days. These days were miserable. I spent the entire days almost in the cabin with my son.
If I had not had a small child, our cruise would have been great. But we did. So, I feel like too much time was spent in the cabin. I would not recommend Royal Caribbean to anyone with a small child.

Pros: The staff is wonderful - Super Friendly

Cons: No accomodations for small children

Recommends Legend of the Seas? No.

There are only two places to eat on the boat. It gets old by the 4th or 5th day. The food was very repetitive. It was good, but tiring.
The ship was very clean and the staff are super.
Our stateroom was fine. Our attendent was wonderful.
The entertainment was fine. However, it was difficult to know all of the things going on. The communication was poor.
I can't say enough.