Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

A great way to see Italy

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

The Legend of the Seas is a somewhat older ship that still looks good. Our deck (7) had an issue. Several fresh water pipes must have burst shortly after we embarked from Rome. One morning the carpet in our cabin was soaked. This was corrected promptly but they had carpet fans blowing in the hallways the entire length of the cruise.
Also, we arrived in Portofino on Monday. Someone should tell Royal Caribbean that Portofino in literally closed on Mondays in November.(I mean NOTHING was open except one gift shop). We took a bus to the next town over (Santa Margarita) and that was closed too.

Pros: No packing and unpacking

Cons: The weather at the end of November wasn't great

Recommends Legend of the Seas? Yes!

There was a group that performed an ABBA tribute that was probably the best show I've seen on a ship, and I'm not an ABBA fan. Other than that, the entertainment was meager.
Having cruised on Royal Caribbean several times in the past, I felt the food quality has gone down somewhat. This opinion was shared by the other couples at our table who have used R.C. 8 and 10 times respectively. The food was still good but not impressive - although the service was typically excellent.
Other than a purser who didn't know Port from Starboard, the staff was attentive and helpful.
I felt that other than the problem with the pipes, mentioned above, the ship was in mint condition.