Very Nice All Around with one big YUKKKK!!!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Jewel of the Seas

14 Night Transatlantic Eastbound (San Juan To Rome)

Sail date: May 06, 2018

Ship: Jewel of the Seas

Cabin number: 9658

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

On a couple days during the last week of the cruise the entire balcony, chairs, railing, floor was covered in soot - not solidly covered, but a nice spattering. I complained and while at dinner they came and very badly wiped it up. In the late morning I walked out at there was a black hue over where they wiped. I looked at the balconies next to me and below and nothing was done!! What the hell!! I went down to customer service and complained. Latter that day 3pm the crew was out power spraying. Great!! Well the next day the same thing and for the last 3 days of the cruise I could not walk around my balcony because I didn't want to track the black soot into the room. POOR RESPONSE!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Giovanni's Table

Great food and Sylvia was a great waitress!!

Windjammer Café

The worse! The seating is not logical at all! Majority of passengers are couples and the majority of tables are multi-seated tables, finding a place to sit was a major project when you wanted to get some lunch! Additionally, taking a seat at larger table susceptible to strangers joining you and not that I'm antisocial but I don't like talking while I'm eating and if attempting to have a quite meal with this set-up - is almost impossible.

Ship tip

Cabins facing the back of the ship were spewed with nice spattering of black soot!!

Ports of call