Disappointed

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Southern Caribbean Holiday
Sail Date: March 27, 2016
Ship: Jewel of the Seas

I was disappointed in a few things, I took my Brother and his wife on there first Cruise experience, they have never done a cruise before and where very excited to experience all the wonderful things they have heard about a cruise vacation not only what they heard from me but also others that have gone on Royal Caribbean cruises , and when we booked the cruise they said they would try there best to have our rooms next to each other and that did not happened we where not even on the same floor i was in room 9510 and My brother and his wife where in room 7668 different floors at opposite ends of the boat, also i bragged about the midnight buffet the cruise does only to be told they no longer do that but i was not told why they no longer do that, also we where told by two people at your help desk that the captains formal dinner was on Friday night only to find out they no longer do a captains dinner they do a meet and greet and we should of dressed into our Formal attire on Monday evening instead of Friday evening so needless to say we where all dressed up on the wrong night. Also we where told the boat was going into dry dock for a remodel after our cruise and some of the employees would not be returning after the remodel and i was able to see who where the people that would not be returning lots of the staff where not as friendly or willing to help, I have cruised on Royal Caribbean before two times and had a great experience but this one was very disappointing i'm not sorry i went on the cruise i just felt we did not have a great experience with the staff and the wrong information we where given from the very beginning of the cruise. Overall we made the best of our vacation but i wish i could of impressed my Brother And his Wife a little more with this cruise. we would all love to plan another cruise for next February  but are very hesitant to booked thru Royal Caribbean.

Our gentleman Ed who took care of our cabin was wonderful.
too many taxi begging to give us rides
favorite stop on our tripp