Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Worst Cruise

Sail Date: February 28, 2016

It started off when they changed the itinerary a week before the sailing without ever notifying us.  I found out by accident when I was online checking out excursions.  On the ship I found out that nobody was informed.  As of the day before sailing all of the travel sites, Expedia, and were still advertising the original itinerary.  I feel this is borderline fraudulent.  I called and they said the change was made due to congestion in St Kitts.  Didn't they know that before hand???

We boarded the ship at 1PM, and still didn't get our luggage at 5:30 even though  the guy asking for the tip upon taking our luggage said we would have it within 2 hours.  My wife wanted to take her plane carry on because of her medications and jewelry.  He wouldn't allow it.  When we started asking the crew for our luggage they were rude.  They said it might have been confiscated due to some kind of contraband at the terminal.  We were quite upset.  Then we called the customer relations, and they said we would have it within a half hour.  An hour later I called up extremely upset.  My wife was sure someone else had gotten her contents.  Then at 6:30 they came to our door to apologize and tell us that it had been sitting outside someone else's room on a different floor.  I had offered to look myself prior to that, but was not allowed to by the crew.  The first day was ruined as we watched others in their bathing suits enjoying the beautiful weather, while we were sweating in our long pants and shirts.  It took my wife two days to settle down from her upset from their rudeness.  Then we ordered Sangria at the bar by the pool.  How can you ruin Sangria?  They did!  We returned them telling the barkeep that they weren't good, and got an attitude from him.  They nickle and dime you with $2 popcorn when I dropped $400 in the casino.  I have never seen anything like this on any of the other cruise ships we have sailed with.  Carnival, Ecstasy and Princess were all better then RC.  I will never go on another cruise with them.  The wait staff and entertainment were excellent, but this couldn't compensate us for our dissatisfaction.

Don't go on RC