Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Guess they aren't what they used to be

Sail Date: January 17, 2016

This was my 3rd cruise with RC.  Last one being 4 yrs ago.  Overall it was a good cruise but they have really cut back on things.  Disappointed that they've cut back on the small things.  Only a couple towel animals for entire week.  No chocolate candy when bed turned down and no water pitcher in the room.  Had to stop at a bar each night to get water when going to room just to take bedtime meds.  These are very small things but always make things special.  Quality of food was also not the same.  Food was just "ok".  Nothing special.  To have dinners that I'd had on other previous cruises you had to pay extra; even in the dining room not just in specialty restaurants.  Also had a facial and massage at the spa.  Both were great and very relaxing.  But when finished with each I was heavily pressured to purchase products from them.  I hate being pressured so by the time I left I was stressed.  That should not be the result after paying outrageous prices for those services.  On the good side...Crew was outstanding in every way!  And the entertainment was also.  With the average of the poor and outstanding I give the cruise a "Good" rating.  Wished I could have given "Excellent" like they had been in the past.

Was a good sized room for cruise ship. Was very clean. Loved the ocean view room.