Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great family fun

Sail Date: July 01, 2014

Our family sailed the Jewel of the Seas as a celebration of my daughter's high school graduation\, my husband obtaining a bachelor degree and our 15-year wedding anniversary. Our rooms were near the very back of the ship. Our daughters were in room 7170 and we were room 7674. Loved the balcony area\, loved the brightness of the room. We definitely felt a lot of movement at night\, but it was like a cradle. There is some noise from the night club at night\, but not enough to disturb my sleep.

My oldest daughter probably saw most of the ship because she spent her evenings with the 18-20 crowd. She liked the Vortex night club\, enjoyed the Solarium and spent a little time in the pool. I never got to the Solarium\, but the pool was almost always ridiculously crowded. I wish there had been more than that single outdoor pool area. We also did karaoke\, music trivia\, attempted to do an art auction (was cancelled because of lack of participants)\, attempted to watch a movie\, but the theater was full with people standing. None of the shows caught my attention\, but many of the couples-related activities were fun. The casino was a little too smoky for me.

I am very picky with food and borderline OCD\, so the Windjammer cafe was just okay\, but they always had a variety and my family LOVED the ice cream. Dinner was by far my favorite because the other family at our table was also a couple with 2 teenage daughters. Our table staff and cabin attendant were great\, with the latter always giving us tips when we went on excursions.

I booked all of our excursions pre-cruise\, which I strongly recommend. No hassle with trying to find something to do the day prior. We were off the boat every day except the one full day of cruising. There were times when I wish I had given us one day off\, but we experienced so much (zip-lining\, kayaking\, snorkeling\, cave exploration\, rainforest hike\, shopping and beaches).

All in all an awesome vacation!

Pros: Excursions\, dinner\, in-room balcony\, activities

Cons: Pool area could have been bigger\, small movie theater.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

6 pm dining was perfect for us. Did not go to any of the specialty restaurants except Latte-tudes. Tides was just okay for breakfast. Windjammer was actually better for that meal.
Clean and comfortable with good space\, although the balcony furniture probably has seen better days. The suite next to us had nicer wicker.
Wonderful!!!
Wish the pool area and movie theater were larger
My older teenager loved hanging out with her crew. My younger teenager refused to go to the events. The other younger teenager from the family we dined with also had that problem. I recommend ice-breaker events for 13-14-year-olds who tend to be more timid about making friends. The arcade was okay.