Carribean Cruise

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: May 01, 2014
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
The ship was beautiful and clean. Boarding and exiting is easy.

Food: Positives: Steak on board is wonderful!!!!! Tides restraint very good but needs more menu choices.

Food: Negative: The only downfall on our cruise was the food and the charge for beverages. First RC should include all pop\, juice\, water into the paid package. Customers should be able to get water anytime for free. I know how inexpensive pop is and the mark up companies get for selling it!!!! Secondly I did not care for the desserts. Very flaky and air like texture (sweet rolls especially). Need to work on the desserts to make them more dense\, filling\, and moist. The cookies were to dry and crispy. I want a moist yummy chocolate chunk brownie or cooking I can top with whip cream!!!!! Would love to see more ice cream on board with more varieties than chocolate\, vanilla\, and strawberry. We are in the middle of the hot ocean...why not have an ice cream parlor? That would be awesome!!!! Breakfast...more pastries...Like crispy cream donuts and waffle pancake bar with many toppings

Love the entertainment. The Comic from New York made me laugh so hard I cried. Carly the cruise director was also funny! Really liked the entertainment. Wouldn't mind having more movies at night to watch or a second act. Would love to see the casino smoke free because if it was we would have loved to spent some cash there!

Friendly staff and always smiling. Our housekeeper Riza was so wonderful and happy my husband and I gave her something special from us and a huge tip!!!! Thanks to all the staff that make our vacation wonderful

Size is smaller yet more intimate. Dcor is nice and really enjoyed the ship!!! Very clean\, all crew were so respectful and happy. Loved the staff and the cruise director-very funny. When docking for ports I was surprised how easy it was to get off the boat and to be on our way! Really loved the ship and its elegance.

Wonderful! We had a junior suite. It was spacious and beautiful!

Pros: The ship was beautiful. loved Aruba and Curacao

Cons: drinks are not included in price; need more restraunts and desserts were not good

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!