Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A honeymoon cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

This cruise was for our honeymoon and it was our first cruise ever. So with that said I can not make comparisons to other ships or ports. All in all it was amazing. The stateroom (we had a suite)\, dining\, activities\, drinks\, and the staff were great. One thing that amazed me is how the staff; from your waiter\, stateroom attendant\, bar tenders\, housekeeping\, cruise director remembered your name\, in some cases on the 1st day. I am terrible with names but the staff isn't and it just made you feel special when they call you by name. There are activities for everyone of all ages. That is really our only complaint: there were so many activities that we wanted to do but many occur at the same time\, so you have to choose which ones you want to do the most. The food in the buffet and dining rooms was amazing. We did eat at the specialty restaurants twice\, the food was good but IMO the food in the main dinning room was just as good. Next time we will skip the specialty restaurants. One word of caution: remember you DON'T have to eat it all. The ship was easy to navigate and find the various places you wanted to go. We mostly took the stairs everywhere as opposed to waiting for an elevator which could get crowded at times. I really don't have anything negative to say about the ship\, again I have nothing to compare it to.

Pros: Always something to do

Cons: Having to decide which activity to do when others that we wanted to do ran concurent

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

The buffets are great. In the main dinning room\, if you like a particular food item and you want more\, just order it and they will bring it without hesitation: main entree\, desert etc. The waiters are great. My wife was not feeling well one evening and left the dinning room. Without asking our waiter Vilroy had her meal sent to the room in case she became hungry.
We had a suite that also included the Concierge service and use of the Concierge club. I highly recommend this. The club is a nice place to relax\, have some snacks and drinks. The Concierge Diego was great. He arranged all of our excursions so we did not have to wait in line downstairs.
EXCEPTIONAL! Diego our Concierge made our trip amazing. We had booked an excursion to go on a motorcycle tour of St. Maarten. It was canceled due to lack of participants. Diego made arrangements with the local dealer to have someone be our personal guide\, it was the most amazing time ever. Without Diego's help it would never have happened.