Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Beautiful Ship with Great Ports of Call

Sail Date: May 01, 2013

Ship was beautiful and staff was exceptional. Very clean at all times.

Pros: Ports of Calls

Cons: Bedding and lack of activities

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Always clean.
Food was good. Some nights I think we made wrong choices in the menu items as those choices were just average but overall we were pleased with the food options.
Stateroom was clean. We stayed with my mother in the room with us as she had to use the pull down bed and sofa bed. She claims neither bed was comfortable. Sofa bed leaned downward at an angle and the pull down bed was hard. Our King sized bed was not the best either in comfort. While we were extremely tired when we went to bed\, we found ourselves tossing and turning to find a comfortable spot.
Very pleasant and extremely friendly by 99% of the people on board.
This is the one area of the cruise that I wish there was more. Yes\, there was shows but I felt they were lacking. We have cruised before and there would always be one or two comedy shows which we love to go to. There was only one guy and he lasted about 30 minutes for the whole trip. The other shows were just average. I felt the cruise could do more bingo\, game show nights in the theater and have the audience interacting with the people on stage. The other shows were in the very small areas of the boats which were not comfortable nor that entertaining.