Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Lovely Cruise

Sail Date: January 01, 2014

I injured my knee on the way to PR and spent the first 2.5 hrs of the cruise in the medical office (and some time there almost every day thereafter). They were wonderful\, attentive and went out of their way to get a special brace I needed for my knee.
Overall\, it was not the trip we'd planned (all walking tours got changed to bus tours) but despite the hassle and pain we had a wonderful time. Celebrated my husband's birthday\, ate good food and enjoyed the stops and the on ship time.

Pros: great staff\, beautiful locations

Cons: the buffet waffles and pancakes are horrible

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

I think I'd rather look for one smaller but that's a very personal thing. Very clean\, beautiful decor and once we figured out what was where (essential with a bad knee)\, were very pleased with getting to anything we needed on the ship.
Portofino was awesome; the My Time dinners were all great. The buffet breakfast and lunch had lots of choices. The waffles and pancakes were awful but everything else was fine.
Loved the stateroom. Esp. loved the window and the bedding which was very comfy. Location turned out to be a bit of an issue because of the knee but that had nothing to do with the ship itself.
All were friendly and helpful. The Medical staff was very helpful indeed. Loved our waiters Brazilio and Milan. Our cabin steward forgot to bring me ice for the knee but other than that did a good job including decorating for Rick's birthday.
We saw the comedy jugglers and an amazing (and very funny) pianist. Thoroughly enjoyed both. Also enjoyed watching the playoff games in the Pit Stop sports bar. The ship provided nachos which was nice.