Fantastic Cruise

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: November 01, 2013
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Gorgeous ship! We had a balcony cabin mid ship deck nine. I prefer a lower deck (less movement)but we were traveling with a total of 4 couples and majority ruled. The lounges were well appointed\, the theater very comfortable - not tacky\, and the floors well maintained. The solarium was very nice and the regular deck pool was good sized. I even climbed the rock wall. There was a billiard room and shuffle board. Wish we had more than one see day to explore and experience this ship.

The only reason for good was the poor \"My Time Dining\" experience. Prior to departure I went on the RCL website to place our dining reservation for 8 people. The computer accepted our 7:30 reservation and had me place all booking numbers in the reservation. Two weeks before I had to call RCL about a shore excursion and just to double check made sure of the reservation. It was not taken care of and the time I spent on the computer was for naught. The agent I spoke with took her time and \"Linked\" our bookings together but now we had to eat at 8:00pm as 7:30 was taken. When we checked in to the ship the reservation was not completed and we had to go to the restaurant to set it up. Now we had to wait until 8:15pm. Ultimately Sixto our waiter and Borko our assistant were amazing in their service and attention so it worked out\, but the hassle was not appreciated.

With shore excursions\, late dining and the casino we only saw one show. It was supposed to be a comedian but ended up being a so-so music/dance show. Not sure why the entertainment schedule change.

Pros: Royal Carribean ship was absolutely beautiful! Staff was VERY helpful\, food was wonderful.

Cons: St. Croix\, My Time Dining reservation system needs an overhaul!

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!