Fantastic Voyage!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 23, 2012
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
The ship is beautiful, very well-kept, spacious, so many different areas to visit. The solarium pool was a quiet getaway, although finding a chair there was tough if you didn't get up early in the morning - actually true for both pools.

I gave this a "good" rating, though my husband says "excellent." Although this is not the fault of this ship, I imagine, the food choices were not as excellent as I've experienced in the past. We dined one evening at Portabello, which was a great value and there the food was definitely excellent. We dined at the 8:30 sitting, which I did not think I would like, but it really worked out well, we had plenty of time and never felt rushed.

ship staff was cheerful and helpful everywhere we encountered them.

The only times that it felt crowded were when they had activities in the Centrum, then everyone would gather because it was so wonderful! There were a number of elevators and rarely had to wait long for one to arrive.

We had an outside cabin on deck 3. It was not noisy from engine noise. It was also quite convenient to walk to the dining room or the Coral Theater without waiting for an elevator.

Pros: The beauty of the ship, the attention from the crew, the activities available, peace and calm and relaxation

Cons: Hard to find a chair at the pool

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!